Irons are the most versatile clubs in the bag, you can use them from virtually anywhere. Choosing the right iron and getting the right club fitting can make all the difference on a variety of different shots. Wide World of Golf can help you play your best golf by choosing and fitting the right irons for your game.
DIFFERENT IRON SET TYPES:
In many ways it's a simple matter of physics: the bigger the clubhead (more mass) the more forgiving it will be. A "Game Improvement" iron will generally be large, offset and possibly include hybrids in place of some of the longer irons for even more mass in the clubhead. A "Player's" iron on the other hand will generally be smaller, thinner appearing and less offset. When in doubt, go big; nobody's problem is "too much forgiveness".
IRON FITTING OPTIONS:
There are numerous options for iron fitting. We can help you with all of them.
- Shaft length. Custom lengths to accommodate your stature are generally available.
- Shaft Flex. It's pretty simple really, the harder you swing, the stiffer the shaft.
- Lie Angle. Your swing type and and stature will dictate the angle at which the shaft should come out of the club head.
- Grip Size. Bigger hands or arthritis? Oversized grips might be just the ticket.
- Custom Grips. Have grips you love on your other clubs? Order custom grips to match.
- Set Composition. Only want 5 irons instead of a full set of 8? No problem.
Custom Golf Club fitting can be confusing. Fear not, we're here to help. Contact a fitting specialist at Wide World of Golf.