Crisp, consistent impact, a solid feel and a flighted trajectory with added forgiveness are the result of an aerospace-grade aluminum insert (AlumiCore™) joined to a forged 1025 carbon steel body and 17-4 stainless steel laser-cut face. To deliver precise, reliable distance and performance across every club, the face is engineered with MicroMax™ grooves.
An aerospace-grade aluminum insert allows approximately 30 grams of material from the center of the club to be redistributed to the perimeter in the form of toe and shaft tip weights, elevating the MOI to match that of the larger PING i210 iron.
MicroMax Milled Grooves
The precision-machined face has new MicroMax grooves for tighter spacing and a geometry that results in an average of four extra grooves to reduce fliers in the short irons and preserve spin in the long irons.
A thin topline and proper offset presents the clean, streamlined look preferred by skilled players. The hydropearl 2.0 finish repels water to ensure predictable, consistent performance from wet and dry conditions.
Toe and tip weighting elevate MOI to reduce the stat area and achieve a level of forgiveness unprecedented in a forged design.
100% Inspected Manufacturing Steps
During development of the iron, PING’s innovation and engineering teams spent significant time perfecting the manufacturing process, which includes 100% inspection of numerous steps, including sole shaping, head polishing, face machining and head forging.
The low-launching Project X LS (Low Spin), steel shaft offers an ultra-stable, stiff design that minimizes spin with a tight feel to fit the fastest swing speeds. The Recoil ES SmacWrap graphite option provides control and distance, with higher damping for improved feel.
|Club||Length||Loft||Power Spec Loft||Retro Spec Loft||Lie Angle||Offset||Bounce||Swingweight|
- These are design specifications that may vary due to manufacturing tolerances.
- Lie angle is based on Black Color Code at standard length.
- Power Spec Loft is a fitting option for players looking to boost their iron distance or decrease spin to hit a desired trajectory window. The Power Spec is a custom-designed loft configuration that delivers a power boost in a calculated fashion without sacrificing the integrity of the club’s design.
- Club bounce angles will vary slightly if ordered with non-standard loft specs.
- Standard swingweights for graphite-shafted clubs are 1 to 2 points lighter than shown, depending on shaft flex.
- Achievable swingweights depend on shaft, length and grip combinations.
- Available in left- and right-handed models.